Call for Expression of Interest
International Organization for Migration, Diaspora Participation, Needs and Capacity Assessment
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) with funding support from the IOM Development Fund (IDF) are implementing a project titled ‘Strengthening the Institutional Capacity of the Zimbabwe Diaspora Directorate for Increased Diaspora Engagement’. The overall objective is to contribute towards enhanced contributions by the Zimbabwean diaspora in the socio – economic recovery and development of Zimbabwe.
The project, among other things, is supporting the improved capacity of the Government of Zimbabwe to coordinate, mobilize and engage with the Zimbabwean diaspora; whilst also enhancing access and utilization of sex disaggregated data on the size, geographic dispersion, skills profile and investment preferences of the Zimbabwean diaspora.
As part of the activities, the project will facilitate the establishment of a structured mechanism to generate sex disaggregated data on size, geographic dispersion, skills profile and investment profile of the Zimbabwean diaspora through a participation and capacities needs assessment of the Zimbabwean diaspora in targeted countries namely: South Africa, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
Specific Objectives and required Elements of the Participation Needs Assessment
- Gather detailed information on the level of interest and areas as well as willingness among the diaspora to participate in the national development initiatives.
- To gather detailed information on their needs and expectations to participate in the identified areas or issues pertaining to the diaspora.
- To gather detailed information on their reflections to the existing situations for their future deliberations.
- Gather detailed information on potential challenges, conditions, and potential enablers for diaspora participation in Zimbabwean developmental efforts.
Submission of applications:
- Interested consultants are to submit an expression of interest to IOM by 8 March 2019.
- Interested consultants may find the full terms of reference on the following link: https://tinyurl.com/y3xne74e
- The expression of interest should demonstrate how the consultant proposes to engage with the diaspora community ensuring active participation and contribution of the diaspora community.
- Women and Zimbabwean researchers in the diaspora are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Expressions of interest are to the submitted to:
|The Procurement Assistant
Number 4 Duthie Road,
Electronically to: email@example.com