Call for Expression of Interest
International Organization for Migration, Diaspora Mapping and Profiling Survey
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) with funding support from the IOM Development Fund (IDF) is implementing a project titled ‘Strengthening the Institutional Capacity of the Zimbabwe Diaspora Directorate for Increased Diaspora Engagement’ in partnership with the Government of Zimbabwe, whose overall objective is to contribute towards enhanced contributions by the Zimbabwean diaspora in the socio – economic recovery and development of Zimbabwe.
The project, among other things, is supporting the improved capacity of the Government of Zimbabwe to coordinate, mobilize and engage with the Zimbabwean diaspora; whilst also enhancing access and utilization of sex disaggregated data on the size, geographic dispersion, skills profile and investment preferences of the Zimbabwean diaspora.
As part of the activities, the project will facilitate the establishment of a structured mechanism to generate data on the Zimbabwean diaspora through a diaspora mapping and profiling survey in targeted countries namely: South Africa, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
Specific objectives and required elements of the Mapping and Profiling exercise/research
- Design and pilot test the survey instrument (questionnaire) for the implementation of the Zimbabwean diaspora associations/individuals mapping exercise.
- In cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, Zimbabwean Embassies and Missions abroad, and the International Organization for Migration (IOM), develop a strategy for outreach to the Zimbabwean diaspora.
- Conduct outreach to sensitize Zimbabwean diaspora associations/individuals and Zimbabwean Embassies in the three target host countries with a view to develop a profile of the Zimbabwean diaspora.
- Gather detailed information on the demographic and socio-economic profile (including length of stay, educational background, work experience, professional capacity, income bracket, savings and remittance sending patterns, etc.) of the Zimbabwean diasporas residing in South Africa, United Kingdom and United States of America.
- Gather detailed information on the socio-cultural profiles (including participation in formal and informal social networks, frequency of interaction with family and friends back home, patterns of communication with Zimbabwean society and development actors, etc.) of Zimbabwean diasporas in the aforementioned countries.
Submission of applications:
- Interested consultants are to submit an expression of interest to IOM by Friday 8 March 2019.
- Interested consultants may find the full terms of reference on the following link: https://tinyurl.com/yy37q43l
- The expression of interest should demonstrate how the consultant proposes to engage with the diaspora community. ensuring active participation and contribution of the diaspora community.
- Women and Zimbabwean researchers in the diaspora are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Expressions of interest are to the submitted to:
|The Procurement Assistant
Number 4 Duthie Road,
Electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org