Temporary Return of Qualified Professionals to Zimbabwe
IOM will facilitate the temporary short-term returns of qualifying professionals in the education and health sectors from across the globe to teach and exchange their expertise at local tertiary education and health care institutions. The program aims to leverage existing diaspora dialogue and engagement schemes in order to amplify the participation of the Zimbabwean diaspora in national development processes. The program will benefit the Ministries Health and Education through a skills transfer mechanism for voluntary short-term sequenced returns of health and tertiary education professionals.
Who Qualifies to Participate?
Zimbabwean health professionals working and living outside the country,
- Medical personnel registered or registrable through the relevant professional councils in Zimbabwe.
- Professionals with legal residence status and/or work permit in the host country.
- Professionals who can devote up to four weeks of service provision,
- Professionals with relevant training in the health sector and at least three years’ experience,
- Former lecturers at the UZ-CHS, National University of Science and Technology (NUST) and other medical training institutions.
What Can I Expect?
- You will spend a period of up to four weeks in Zimbabwe. Longer periods of stay can be arranged on a case-by-case basis.
- You will either be attached to hospitals to treat patients, conduct joint medical procedures with local personnel, provide administrative advice, perform laboratory tests or provide lectures at the UZ-CHS, the NUST Faculty of Medicine or facilitate virtual learning in Zimbabwe.
- Assignments will be on a voluntary basis only.
- Opportunity to contribute skills or provide service at select hospitals or clinics around Zimbabwe,
- Team of Health Professionals Return to perform a procedure,
- Conduct Joint medical procedures with local personnel,
- Lecture at the University of Zimbabwe College of Health Sciences; National University of Science and Technology (NUST) Faculty of Medicine, and other medical training institutions.
- Sequenced Return (i.e. return multiple times)